Our New Ministry... SHARE
SHARE is a group of expats and Turks in Antalya whose aim is to provide assistance and relief for Syrians who have arrived in our city. SHARE is continually identifying and assessing the locations and needs of Syrians in Antalya. We have begun our efforts with a pocket of refugees who live in a slum at the north end. There are 85 Syrian families in this slum, with an average of 8 people per household.
We greatly appreciate your prayers for the congregation and ministry of APK. Here are some specific prayer requests that we would like to share with you.
- Pray for 2 families that recently moved away. One family relocated to the UK and the other to the USA. Pray that our Lord will bless their lives in their new locations and continue to use them for his glory.
- Pray for our staff members and their labors as they serve the church and our ministry of mercy and outreach into our community. Pray for the financial provisions to meet our salary commitments. We are so blessed by their hard work and faithful service.
- Pray for our upcoming Acts 29 conference and Via Christus Academy lecture series. Pray for those who will lead these meetings as well those that will attend. Pray that it will be a time of encouragement and enrichment through study and prayer.
- Pray for our family and especially for our kids as they grow. Pray for us as we seek to bring up our children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
- Praise for our newly formed refugee ministry, Syrian Humanitarian and Relief Effort (SHARE). Many people have expressed an interest and desire to support this ministry. We are so thankful for the funds that have been given allowing us to reach out to them with much needed food and clothing.
- Praise to our Lord for the expansion and growth of our publishing ministry. We are thankful for our strong and faithful publishing partners, translators, and editors. They are helping us publish and provide, free of charge, Bible centered books in our language. By the end of January we hope to have completed and distributed two new books.
We are finally experiencing some cooler weather in Antalya. Yes, even in Antalya the weather will eventually get cool. Some people are sad to see the cool weather arrive but I love winters. Before the arrival of the cool weather, we decided to gather together for a church picnic. For Turks, a picnic means lots of food. We prepared a barbecue along with an abundance of home made Turkish food. This will probably be our last picnic for the year. It was such a nice time together and enjoyed by all. We have welcomed a few new visitors and the church picnic was a great opportunity for us to meet and get to know these new people.
About This Blog